In-Home Lactation Counseling
$75 for initial visit and phone follow-up
$60 for follow-up visit (up to 2 hours, $20/hr after)
Do you need help with troubleshooting latch, managing an over-active or low supply, or just getting breastfeeding off to a good start for you and your new baby? As a Certified Lactation Counselor, I can help you manage issues that come up in the normal course of breastfeeding.
If I'm not able to help you resolve anything that's going on, I will quickly refer you to more specialized help that can help you, including my local IBCLC mentor.
Visits take place in your home and generally last about 90 minutes. A typical lactation counseling visit includes:
- an intake process and discussion of potential health or lifestyle factors that may be contributing to breastfeeding difficulties
- observation of baby's latch and a breastfeeding session
- identification of your goals for your breastfeeding relationship, and for our lactation counseling visit
- ideas for addressing your goals, discussed in person
- follow up email with notes on the goals and ideas discussed, with links to videos or explanations as needed
- 24 hour follow-up phone call to assess effectiveness of strategies and potential need for further support
To arrange a lactation counseling visit, please call/text me at 918-732-9579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you reading this in the middle of the night and need someone to talk with now? Oklahoma's Breastfeeding Hotline is a free 24/7 helpline staffed by IBCLC's. Call anytime at 1-877-271-MILK (6455). Leave a message as directed and the lactation consultant on call will return urgent calls quickly.